I love this one-pot spicy tomato pasta. I love them enough that I’ll choose to spend my Friday night staying at home with a bowl of pasta rather than hang out with my friends.
This pasta is super simple and it can stand on its own. But if you like, you can add grilled chicken or leafy green salad.
Spicy Tomato Pasta
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomato, halved
- 150 gr pasta
- 2 cups water or stock
- a pinch of oregano
- 1/2 tsp red chili pepper
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- grated parmesan cheese
- chopped parsley
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook for 2 minutes until onion fragrant. Add garlic, cherry tomatoes, fusilli, water, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over high heat until pasta boiling, stir well to combine. Partially close the pot with a lid, cook over medium-low heat for 7 to 10 minutes until pasta al-dente. Stir the pasta every few minutes to prevent the pasta from burnt and stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Serve the pasta immediately with grated parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.