This hummus with yogurt chicken and tomato inspired by hummus bil lahmeh. The original version uses diced beef or lamb, but my version features spiced yogurt chicken and grilled tomato.
Aromatic golden chicken pieces and grilled tomato served in a bed of smooth and velvety chickpea hummus. Marinated the chicken chunks in yogurt and spices make them juicy, tender, and flavorful. Grilled the tomato also enhanced the flavor of the dish.
The beauty of this dish is that you can prepare it ahead. For the hummus you can make it a day before and keep it in refrigerator before using, you can also use store bought hummus if you feel lazy to make it. You can also marinade the chicken overnight.
If you make this tempeh crumbles with snow pea & lemon basil, be sure to leave a comment and tag me on Instagram! Love to hear from you. Follow my Pinterest and Instagram to get more recipes and cooking ideas!
Related article: Mediterranean Salmon and Cauliflower Rice Bowl
Hummus with Yogurt Chicken and Tomato
- 2 cup hummus
- 1 cup cherry tomato
- olive oil
- 500g skinless and boneless chicken tights
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces, put the chicken in a bowl. Marinade chicken with yogurt, minced garlic, turmeric, coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Cover the chicken, put in the refrigerator and let marinate for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat the grill pan on medium, brush lightly with oil. Grill the chicken alongside with tomato. It may take 15 to 20 minutes for the chicken to cook (depending on the size of your chicken chunks) and 3 to 5 minutes for tomatoes.
- Spread the hummus in a serving bowl and top it with grilled chicken and tomato. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and cayenne pepper.