Simple and healthy rice vermicelli bowl with grilled Chinese cabbage and served with Vietnamese dipping sauce. It so easy to make, delicious and Nuoc Cham dipping sauce is so light and fresh. You can serve it in a big bowl or divide it into several serving bowls.
Rice Vermicelli Bowl
Rice vermicelli bowl
- 250 gram rice vermicelli
- 200 gram grilled chicken breast
- 1 medium Chinese cabbage, slice lengthwise in a half
- 2 cup chopped leaves
- 1 medium green chile, chopped
- 2 red bird’s eye chillies, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- Nuoc Cham dressing: in a medium bowl combine together sugar, lime juice, fish sauce, chopped chillies and garlic. Stir until all the sugar dissolve, add water and mix to combine.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add rice noodles, stir for 30 seconds and turn off the heat. Soaking the rice vermicelli in boiling water for 5-7 minutes, or until soft. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Season chicken with lime juice, salt and pepper and set aside. Meanwhile, preheat the grill on medium heat. Grill the chicken for 10-15 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Gently toss the Chinese cabbage with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill cabbage for 2 minutes until wilted.
- Transfer chicken and grilled cabbage to a cutting board. Shredded the chicken and cut the cabbage into 2-inch wide strips.
- Rice vermicelli bowl: Divide the rice vermicelli between the serving bowls, topped with shredded chicken, Chinese cabbage and lettuce. Serve with nuoc cham dressing.