This orange-pomelo rice pudding is a delicious treat. Juicy orange and pomelo segments give a freshness to this creamy rice pudding.
Orange-Pomelo Rice Pudding
- 1 cup short-grain rice
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup pomelo
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split, seeds scraped
- a pinch of salt
- Remove the zest from orange and set aside. Divide the orange into sections and refrigerate the orange segments until ready to use.
- Rinse and drain the rice. Place the rice, milk, vanilla bean and seeds in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes, until rice is softened.
- Add sugar and orange juice to the pan. Cook until the liquid is thickened, for about 5-10 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool completely.
- Serves rice pudding at room temperature, top it with orange and pomelo.