I’m not vegetarian but seriously who can resist this colourful bowls. My love affair with Buddha bowl happened right away when I saw the picture of this vibrant bowl all over the internet. Every time I check my Pinterest and Instagram page new Buddha bowl recipes appear.
Orange Grilled Tempe
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 2 red chillies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- roughly 200g organic tempe or firm tofu
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped butternut squash
- 3 cups broccoli, large stems removed and chopped
- 2 tablespoon coconut oil or light olive oil
- salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup cooked edamame
- 2 tablespoon roughly chopped mint leaves
- Orange grilled tempeh: add about 1 tablespoon water to grated ginger, squeeze the grated ginger to extract the juice. Prepare the orange sauce by combining the ginger juice, orange juice, soy sauce, honey, chopped red chillies, and rice vinegar. Reserve half of the marinade to use later as a drizzle.
- Cut the tempe and tofu into thin bite-sized pieces. Place the tempeh and tofu in a large shallow dishes, add chopped garlic, and drizzle the marinade over the tempe and tofu. Marinade for about 30 minutes.
- Roasted vegetables: while tempe and tofu are marinating, toss butternut squash, bell pepper and broccoli with salt, pepper, and coconut oil. Transfer to baking sheet and roast for 25-30 minutes until butternut squash tender, tossing halfway through.
- Grill the tempeh and tofu on a hot grill pan or non-stick pan for a few minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove the tempe and tofu from pan.
- To serve: divide brown rice evenly between bowls. Add roasted vegetables, grilled tempe and tofu, and edamame. Add chopped herbs, and drizzle with remaining orange sauce.