Asian Games buzz still in the air. So I made this Indian-inspired frozen treat for a quick cool-down because the temperature gets too hot today. This Frozen Mango Lassi Is a healthier alternative to cooling down on this sweltering season. Serve this creamy frozen dessert with salted pistachio for extra flavour and texture.
Frozen Mango Lassi
- 1 cup plain thick yoghurt
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon cardamom powder
- honey or maple syrup, optional
- 1/2 cup salted pistachio, chopped
- Place the mango, cardamom powder and honey in a food processor and process until smooth. Add the yoghurt and process until combined. Pour into a metal tin lined with non-stick baking paper and freeze for 3-4 hours until frozen.
- Remove frozen mango lassi from the freezer and cut into medium-sized squares. Place in a food processor and process until smooth, scraping down the sides of the food processor.
- Pour back the mixture into the thin and freeze at least 1 hour or until frozen. Serve the frozen mango lassi with chopped salted pistachio.