When two turned into three I felt a pain in my chest, thick cloud filled my mind. I don’t know how I feel when two turns into three. January used to be my favourite time of the year, but lately, I’ve grown wary of it.
January is not a month of celebration anymore. This very first month of the year reminds me that I’m growing old. I know soon enough, January will pass, summer will be here and I will feel better. But right now I found myself struggling to find the answer of who I am and what makes me, me.
On hard days I feel like I want to stay alone in a little cottage by the beach. Heating up a coconut latte on a bonfire and drinking it out of coconut shell. In this solitude, I will tell myself a story, a story about a tree that standing tall and sturdy. I will tell it to myself over and over again until the story itself become a part of myself.
Coconut Latte with Boba Pearls
This coconut latte is super easy. It’s just a few ingredients and quick preparation time. I used light coconut milk, but you can use coconut cream or full-fat coconut milk to get the richer and thicker latte.
- 2 shots espresso
- 1/4 cup coconut water
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- Coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup dried boba pearls
- 2 cup water to cook the boba pearls
- Fill a medium saucepan with water, bring the water to boil over the water gently and add dried boba. Cook for about 10 minutes, until they float to the top of the water. Remove the pan from heat, cover the lid, and let the boba sit for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Strain the boba from the water and transfer them to a bowl or container. Add simple syrup until the boba is submerged. Set aside.
- Combine coconut milk and coconut water in a small saucepan, cook over medium heat. Bring the coconut milk mixture to simmer, whisk it vigorously until frothy, for about 3 minutes.
- Put about 2 tablespoon cooked boba pearls in a glass, pour in espresso and frothy milk. Add sugar if you like and serve immediately.