There’s really nothing more lovely than a bowl of home-made curry laksa. I used shrimp and chicken to make this, but if you want to make it fancy just skip the chicken and add more seafood like squid, mussels, fish or fish cakes. Whether it is chicken, seafood or vegetarian laksa it will be a perfect dish for a rainy day.
Chicken and Shrimp Laksa
- 1litre chicken or seafood stock
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 200-gram shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 chicken breast
- 4 eggs, poached
- 8 tofu puffs or fried tofu
- Rice noodles and yellow noodles
- Lime, cut into wedges
- Coriander leaves
- Fried shallots
- Spring onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Grind all paste ingredients in the mortar and pestle or food processor, until you get a smooth paste.
- Heat oil over medium heat in a saucepan and fry the spices paste until fragrant for about 3-5 minutes, and then add shrimp and cook for another 3 minutes until shrimp and chicken cooked.
- Rinse the noodles, set aside. Steep the rice noodles in a hot water until soft, drain and set aside.
- Assemble noodles, rice noodles and bean sprout in a bowl, topped with sliced chicken, shrimp, tofu. Ladle laksa soup into a bowl, topped with poached egg, chopped ring onion, coriander leaves, fried shallots and lime juice.