Omelette always favourite for breakfast but don’t settle for a plain omelette. Be creative with your flavour combination and add herbs or vegetables of your choices. Here’s one French-style omelette with chives and filled with cream cheese and alfalfa sprouts.
Alfalfa and Cream Cheese Omelette
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 2 tablespoons alfalfa sprouts
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- a small knob of butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs such as chives, tarragon or chervil
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Place eggs in a bowl and lightly whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper, add chopped fresh herbs and mix to combine.
- Place the butter and oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. When the butter has melted and bubbling, pour the eggs quickly into the pan, move the pan around to spread the eggs. Using fork or spatula move the eggs in a pan around, and moving the pan back and forth. Allow the egg to start coagulating.
- When the omelette begins to cook and firm up, but still very soft in the centre, lightly spread the cream cheese and alfalfa sprouts over the omelette.
- Using spatula carefully case the edge of the omelette, then fold it over in half. Remove the pan from heat and tip the omelette onto a plate. Serve Immediately with fresh salad.